If your child is currently learning about the Malaysian flag and those of the various Malaysian States, then this article is for you! If you are thinking of getting your child acquainted with our local geography and flags, then read on too…
This project is actually inspired by the Map of the World but instead your child will learn about the map and flags of Malaysia as well as for the various states in Malaysia.
Through this activity, your child can learn to match the various flags to their respective states and be familiar with the various state flags whilst injecting a little fun into an otherwise monotonous subject.
My 5-year old is still a bit too young for this but it did piqued his interest on where he is staying as well as where his grandparents, aunts and cousins are staying. He also enjoyed matching the flags to their respective states though he has yet to be able to read their names.
What’s in the printable?
Inside the printable pack, you would find the flags for Malaysia as well as the various states and federal territorries. All the flags come with their corresponding state labels.
How to play?
- Download Malaysia map from this Site and save to your computer. For best results, print it out in A3 size colour.
- Next, print out the PDF file below and cut out the various flags.
- Cutting tip: It’s more forgiving to cut with slight offset of 1mm from the border.
- Then, place each flag around a toothpick and glue the inside of the flags, just like you would do a cupcake topper. (Incidentally, this could serve as a cupcake topper too in the event that you are organising a Merdeka Party).
- Finally, mount the flags on play dough, polystyrene or even cut to size pool noodles.
- There you have it, ready for your little child to learn and play!
Download the Malaysian Flag as well as the State Flags by clicking on the image below.
Malaysian Flag and State Flags
You may also be interested with this cute hand-drawn Malaysian theme colouring page. Click here for the free download.
♦ Find this page useful? Spread the word