Welcome to malaysianmom.com – a blog dedicated to my fellow Mommies be it stay-at-home-Moms (SAHMs), full-time-working-Moms (FTWMs) and not forgetting work-at-home-Moms (WAHMs) too! 🙂
The blog was originally established to cater for Malaysian Mommies but as we continue to expand our reach, I am thrilled to welcome Mommies from Asia as well as from all over the world as well!
I hope you will find something here that will interest you. Regardless of where we come from, we are all Mommies that strive to provide the best for our children, right?
So, what is Malaysian Mom all about?
In short, I aspire to provide free and relevant online resources to my fellow Mommies and make Motherhood just that much easier for all of us.
The following definition of resource aptly describes what I have in mind:
“a source of supply, support, or aid, especially one that can be readily drawn upon when needed”
Some of the examples of resources that you can expect from this site are kids’ activities and crafts, kids’ learning activities and educational printables, etc – and that’s just for the kids. For moms, I hope to inspire you with simple but delicious home- cooked recipes especially kid- friendly food ideas for the little picky eaters at home.
For starters, check out these posts for inspirations
I am a HUGE believer that children learn better through play. Hence, do expect to see more play ideas from me in future. I have actually do the leg work and vet through countless activity ideas so that I recommend you only the easiest and less messy play activities that you can easily set up.
- 5 simple-invitations-to play using rice – combining sensory and pretend play to improve your child’s fine motor skills and verbal skills. Trust me, it’s easy to set up and clean up too.
- 2-ingredients DIY play dough – use only 2 ingredients to create this super soft and fragrant play dough at home. Your hands will be super soft after making this, I promised!
I am inspired to produce cute worksheets like this after going through a particularly challenging year trying to get my son to pick up alphabets and mathematics skills. Stay tuned for more fab and free printables to come!
- Dinosaur activity sheets for 3-5 years old and Farm printable pack – our hugely popular cute and fun worksheets to stimulate your child while learning new skills.
- Apple alphabet matching cards – apple themed alphabet cards for children to practice matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
As a homemaker, I need to cook regularly for my family. Here I share with you some of the recipes that I like. Expect to see simple home-cooked food that is either child-friendly or spicy (cos I love spicy food a lot). Some of my favourites are:
- One pot curry chicken with vegetables – My favourite curry chicken with tonnes of vegetables. One pot and many meals, enough said. Only need to fix up something for the kids, though.
- Fairy bread – a super easy kid’s party food that you can prepare one day in advance. Uses only 3 ingredients.
I am by no means an expert in these fields. I am an engineer by training and worked in property development before becoming a SAHM when we moved to a small town East of Malaysia slightly more than 4 years ago. Other than that, I have no formal trainings and qualifications whatsoever in child behaviour, education or even cooking. And I may not always be able to answer all your queries and solve your problems in these areas either.
Instead, what I DO write about here are tried and tested “success stories”, real life experiences as well as a myriad of tips and tools garnered from my journey through motherhood these past years.
I have merely start the ball rolling, I believe YOU can help build an even better platform by sharing your wisdom and valuable insights with me and the other mommies here by giving me feedbacks via the comments sections or contacting me here.
So, are we ready to become best friends, yet?
Then, why not keep in touch by subscribing to my newsletter. This exclusive e-magazine containing 80+labels, printables and wall deco pieces are all yours if you subscribe here now. Unsubscribe anytime if the contents here are not your cup of tea, alright?
All the printables in the subcriber’s welcome freebie are pre-made templates easily editable in Adobe PDF Reader. You can edit, add or delete texts, change fonts and even save your own master pieces.